Watermelon is a very nutritious and low calorie fruit.Watermelon contains numerous nutrients that promote great health. Among them is lycopene, which is a nutrient thought to help cardiovascular health, and possibly protect against cancer.
Watermelon is mostly water, which makes it a lower calorie food; only 40 calories per cup.
Hibiscus tea also helps cardiovascular health. It helps to shed water weight, like hydroxicut does, but without the chemicals.
Agave is a natural sweetener alternative to regular sugar.
This watermelon spritzer recipe combines all three to help you lose weight, and satisfy your sweet tooth all in one!
1/2 small seedless watermelon
6oz Bottled Black cherry seltzer water
2 tbs agave nectar
optional: add 1/4 c. hibiscus tea for extra water weight shedding
- Take out all the pink watermelon flesh and put into bowl
- Mash the watermelon with a potato masher.
- Drain juice over small metal sifter, pressing watermelon gently to release more juices.
- Take bowl of juice and drain through sifter into another bowl to get rid of any remaining bits.
- Place into tall glass.
- Add in agave, seltzer, and hibiscus tea. Mix all ingredients well.
- Drink immediately or add ice.